Saturday, February 10, 2007

Necklace Holder

This is one of the necklace holders I am making for craft shows that I hope to attend this year. I am trying to keep my cost down in the beginning so I can buy beads and wire to make my jewelry. I decided to try to make the necklace holders myself. I took cardboard and cut out a template and I just trace the template and cut out these holders, paint them black with acrylic paint and now I am in the process of making a backing so they stand up. They really look good with the necklaces on them. I have two sizes 12 inches high for longer necklaces and 10 inches for shorter necklaces - but you could make them any height.

Here is one with a necklace - I photoed this one with a flash so it looks grey rather than black - in the image above I scanned the holder and that is the real black acrylic color.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is cool. I'm always looking for new ideas with lower costs. Good luck at your show!
Talula

Raven said...

Thanks for sharing these they are awesome. I may try to make a few myself.
Peace,
RAven