Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Spiral Rope Bracelet

Well this is something new for me. I got a bead book from the library and there was a section on Spiral Rope technique with seed beads. Sounded interesting so I thought I would try it. This is my first attempt - a bracelet and I love it. The core beads are black and the spiral beads are a peach metallic - nice contrast. I also wanted to try a button clasp and this was a great chance to try it. Overall I am very happy with this bracelet. It fits and feels great to wear and it is beautiful to look at - I am keeping this first one. Now I have gotten interested in weaving with seed beads. I want to also try a free form peyote stitch bracelet - but that will have to wait until I learn a bit more. I want to make a few more of these spiral rope bracelets using some different size beads. I have a ton of ideas - even combining my wire with the free form bracelet. I am in a creative frenzy. I am also going to take a bead component crocheting class next week. I saw the necklace and bracelet and they were awesome. I can't wait.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm having a problem with the spiral rope chain. I'm quite sure I'm doing it correctly, but upon close examination, I can see the thread and am not happy with the look. Any suggestions? I'm pulling as tight as I possibly can.

Jean Hutter said...

What are you using for thread - I use Fireline - somke color - it really doesn't show.