Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Angel Cab - First Steps

Well I wanted to make another cab so I thought I would try something different. I went out in the yard and found a relatively flat rock a little over an inch long and almost an inch wide. I then transferred an image of an angel I printed on my ink jet printer on to it with gloss medium and let it dry. This is the first step above.

I next glued the rock down on to Lacy's Stiff Stuff to become my under backing. I now realize my rock is pretty thick and I can't really use seed beads for the outer row. I decided to use some faux pearls probably about a size 6 mm. I then added the inner row of size 8 seed beads in a pink/lavender metallic color. Next I glued the cab onto a black ultra suede backing and trimmed it down. My next step was to add the edge row in gold size 6 seed beads. The image above is my progress so far. I am thinking about making a spiral rope in pearl and twisted gold bugle beads for the necklace but that could change. I want to think about this for a bit. So far I like this a lot - I am not too sure if this is an item that would sell but it is beautiful

No comments: