Tuesday, May 08, 2007

My First Cabochon

This is a piece of glass I bought at the Jewelry Expo - I bought a few of them. I liked the color and shape of these pieces of glass. I bought a new book "Beading with Cabochons" and thought I would like to try to make some of these to go with my jewelry. So for the piece of glass above (I wish I had taken a photo of it before I did the beading work on it) I used size 6 seed beads in copper color for the two outer rows and gold size 11 seed beads for the inner most row. The back is sealed with ultra suede and for my first try I am very happy. I am thinking about making a dark blue and copper spiral rope necklace to go with this cab - but I need to go bead shopping. This finished cab is almost 2 inches long and 1 3/4 inches wide.

I do love the book "Beading with Cabochons" lots of good techniques and ideas, well written with easy to follow directions.

No comments: