Monday, May 21, 2007

"Sybil" - Necklace and Pendant

Wooo-Hoooo - just finished necklace this last night. I had made the cabochon/pendant a while ago from a piece of glass I bought in Delaware and seed beads - size 6 and 11. I just wasn't sure how to finish it but yesterday I decided to try. I had been thinking about making a spiral rope for the necklace and had even bought the seed beads but I just wasn't happy with the look. So I used size 6mm Blue Tiger Eye beads with the same bronze and gold seed beads used in the pendant and it looks like a complete piece. I didn't want the necklace to overpower the pendant and I think I created a nice balance. It is finished with a gold toggle clasp and measures 17 inches. I love this necklace and it looks and feels great on my neck. This is a step forward in my jewelry making efforts.

Here is another view. Unfortunately the Blue Tiger Eye beads look black in the photo.

Here is a close up of the cabochon. I am going to make more of these - I bought a bunch of these glass pieces at the Jewelry Expo.

No comments: