Please vote for a winner in the Etsy Beadweavers October challenge - monochromatic color. This is a new group I have joined and my entry is number 19. This is such a talented group - every entry is just wonderful.
The entries are:
1. Dusty Lavender Fringe - Beadwoven Necklace by time2cre8.etsy.com
2. Many Shades of Royalty -- Purple Freeform Bead Bracelet by ForbesFarm.etsy.com
3. Bronze lights Bracelet by clairecreations.etsy.com
4. Blue by DantesSpirit.etsy.com
5. Pink Princess Bracelet and Ring Set by Patchers7.etsy.com
6. Who Got The Blues Cuff Bracelet by Sooz by BoodlersBeads.etsy.com
7. Dutch Spiral Bracelet by noeasybeads.etsy.com
8. Anyone can whistle necklace by enso.etsy.com
9. World on a String Necklace by ambrosianbeads.etsy.com
10. For the love of Pink by LauriDesigns.etsy.com
11. Study in Iolite by thebeadedlily.etsy.com
12. Pearl Waterfall Necklace by nardiesarttowear.etsy.com
13. Seismic Wave Peyote Cuff by Tresijas.etsy.com
14. Fractured Orchid - Ruffly Beadwoven Necklace by time2cre8.etsy.com
15. Delica Triangles Bracelet by BeadJewelryShopGirl.etsy.com
16. Beadwoven Leaves and Vintage Brass Button Bracelet and Earring Set by beadbug.etsy.com
17. beaded picture - Green Lady Green Mother Gaia by LauriDesigns.etsy.com
18. Green Ruffles by DantesSpirit.etsy.com
19. October - Freeform Bead Bracelet by totallytwisted.etsy.com
20. Gold Rush Log Cabin Braid Peyote Cuff by SandFibers.etsy.com
21. Shades of Silver by maneklady.etsy.com
Tuesday, October 23, 2007
New peyote stitched bracelet I finished last night. This one is from the new book "Mastering Beadwork" by Carol Cypher and in the book is called "Joy Squared Cuff". It is made with size 4mm cube beads and has a square stitched toggle and a hole beaded right into the bracelet.
I like this book a lot and will be making a lot of the patterns in it.
Thursday, October 18, 2007
This is my second layered peyote bracelet. The first one I made used size 11 seed beads as the base - it took forever to make. On this one I used gold size 8 seed beads for the base. For the layers I did the same as the first bracelet but used more size 11's in the loop. I really like this bracelet and it was easier to make than the first. It is a bit wider.
Wednesday, October 10, 2007
New bracelet and awful photos - maybe I will try these again tomorrow in the daylight. This is an awesome bracelet. This bracelet is from a pattern by Beverly Herman from No Easy Beads. It is the forth "bumps" bracelet I have made and I love them all.
Monday, October 08, 2007
Thursday, October 04, 2007
I finished this layered peyote bracelet last night and I must say it took a long time to make. It has a base of 2 drop peyote size 11 beads in silver and the top layer is size 11 blue and purple with a size 6 clear in the middle. It has a sterling silver closure. I am keeping this one for myself but I am going to try to rework it next time using size 8 seed beads because I love the finished bracelet. I bought the pattern here - it was featured in Bead & Button Magazine in April 2006.