Tuesday, November 20, 2007

My First Netted Bracelet



This is my first attempt at a netted bracelet. The photo above is the finished bracelet. This bracelet was made from a pattern by Bev Herman which I purchased here. The bracelet is awesome and the pattern easy to follow. I always consider the first time I try a pattern a learning experience and this was a very positive learning experience. I can't wait to try another one.


The two above photos are the finished netted bracelet before I added the beaded focal.

This is the beginning of the focal. For the middle of this focal I used a button which I cut off the shank. In this photo it is glued to Lacys Stiff Stuff which I colored black with a marker. It also has three rows of beads sewn around it. Next I will finish off the back with ultra suede and add some finishing rows of beading.


Finished bracelet with a button closure.

Another photo of the finished bracelet - not a great photo as I could not get the bracelet to stand on its own very well.

A close up of the finished focal with all 5 rows of beading and a good look at the netting stitches.

One last finished photo with a look at the plain black button closure. I love this bracelet and I can't believe I made it.

2 comments:

No Easy Beads said...

Jean you did a wonderful job with the netting. I love the button you used for the focal point. It's beautiful.

Maggie said...

Jean, for be your First it's perfect,
I remember my not to good, this is wonderful,Do you sale your Patterns?.....
Congratulations!