Monday, December 31, 2007

Rocket - Freeform Peyote Necklace



A freeform peyote necklace called "Rocket". This necklace was created using peyote stitch in a freeform format. Each bead was sewn by hand - the beads used are seed beads size 11 and 8 with some larger accent beads used as decoration - all beads are in different shades of red. It has a hand beaded toggle and loop closure. This necklace took many hours of beading to create and is truly one-of-a-kind. The actual necklace measures 17 ½ inches in length. It is 2 inches in width at its widest point.

I look at this necklace and cannot believe I made it - I would have never attempted this but I bought a kit for a freeform bracelet from Marcia DeCoster. I started out to make a bracelet with some of my own beads - sort of a practice piece but it didn't want to be a bracelet - it begged to be a necklace and who am I to argue.

No comments: