Friday, August 29, 2008

Enchantress - Bead Embroidery Pendant and Spiral Necklace


I finally finished this piece last night. I decided I liked the pendant with the narrow side up. The focal is a hand beaded embroidery pendant in a freeform shape. It consists of hundreds of beads in various sizes, each hand applied one by one. The necklace is a spiral rope in matching colors. A loop and toggle closure finish it off. The colors in this one are purple, lime green, yellow, turquoise, and gold. This necklace is 17 inches in length plus the closure. The focal is 2 3/4 inches in length and 2 inches in width at its widest point. This necklace is in my Etsy Shop here.

3 comments:

Triz Designs said...

OMG!!!! this is so gorgeous!!!! I can't believe you didn't start on bead embroidery earlier!!! you have taken to it like a duck to water!!!! as the page loaded I was gob-smacked by both the use of colour and the designs of the last few pieces!!! really wonderful work Jean!!!!

Kerrie Slade said...

More wonderful color combinations Jean and I love the name of the piece! I agree, the pendant looks great with the narrow side up - mmmmm, can't stop staring at this one!

Marlaine said...

The necklace is gorgeous! Of course I love spiral rope so that goes without saying. And your bead embroidered pendant inspires me to try embroidery myself. Beautiful, beautiful piece!