Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Fiesta - Pendant & Necklace



I found this funky purple button awhile ago and wasn't quite sure what I was going to do with it - I just liked it. I decided to make a pendant out of it - a lot like the Art Deco pendant I just finished. I beaded peyote stitch rows around the button and then a few more rows around the edges. I added some small beads in the two button holes and then beaded a spiral rope and loop and toggle closure to finish it off. I am really happy with the purple and lime green coloring with yellow accents - these are colors I don't usually use together and they really look great.

5 comments:

Kerrie Slade said...

What a wonderful eye-catching piece Jean!!! Lovely color combination and great use of the button :0)

Staci ~ Pink Pooch Designs said...

I really like the color combination, Purple and lime gren are beautiful together. It's gorgeous!!

thebeadedlily said...

They do look great! I love the edging on the button and the Art Deco one too!

Marlaine said...

Beautiful piece. I especially like your take on the spiral rope.

Triz Designs said...

STUNNING!!!!!!!!!!!!! love the button and what you did with it!!! great colous!!! love it!!! :-)