Saturday, January 17, 2009

Cypress - Necklace


New necklace just finished last night. I feel I have a lot of bracelets in my Etsy Shop and need to make some necklaces and I want to experiment and try some new things. This necklace was created using size 11, 8 and 6 seed beads and twisted bugles in a bronze/copper lavender shade. The necklace is 18 inches plus the copper flowered toggle closure. The band is herringbone stitch. It lays gracefully along your neck in a beautiful vee shape. It is an interesting color choice for me - but I am trying to use beads that I have because when I go to the bead shop I am in trouble!

1 comment:

Kokopelli said...

Hehehe, know what you mean with trouble when going to the bead shop. ;-)
But this is beautiful and would be an unusual color combination for me, because In normally stick to blues and greens. I always have to force myself to try "other" colors. When I was shopping for clothes two weeks ago, lavender/purple seem to be the fashion colors this winter.