Monday, February 09, 2009

Hanging Heart


I bought 2 of these glass heart pendants at my local bead shop awhile ago. I finally made a necklace with the orange heart. The heart pendant is orange with blue and gold accents. I wanted the pendant to be the "star" so I made a simple twisted herringbone necklace and just looped the heart on it. It also has a gold loop and toggle closure. It measures 18 inches in length and the heart is 1 1/2 inches long and 1 1/2 inches wide. I like it a lot, especially the way the heart hangs off center - now I need to think what I want to do with the other heart pendant.

2 comments:

Mortira said...

Great colors in this piece! I love blue and orange together, and these shades are really nice. A nice twist on traditional Valentine colors!

Betty BeadBug said...

I agree with Motira - great colors. I agree with you about the heart hanging off center, it looks great.