Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Relic - Pendant and Bead Necklace


I found this button and I loved it but was unsure what to do with it. I don't know what it is made of but it seems a cross between bone and leather - if that makes sense. I beaded around it with size 15, 11 and 8 seed beads in bronze and brown. I wanted something simple for the necklace so I decided on just a plain strung necklace with red tiger eye 7 mm beads and bronze size 11 seed beads as spacers. It also has a bronze loop and toggle closure. I like this a lot and it is different from what I usually make with the spiral rope necklaces. The necklace is 16 1/2 inches plus the closure and the pendant is 2 inches in length and width.

3 comments:

Melody Marie Murray said...

It's so elegant and cleanly simple. I love it!

Triz Designs said...

this is really beautiful! i love the repeated roundness in all the elements! gorgeous!

Betty BeadBug said...

I love this one...the colors, the rounds...so beautiful!