Thursday, April 23, 2009

Painted Pony - Beaded Necklace and Pendant

This beaded necklace and pendant is called Painted Pony. The coloring of the pendant reminded of Paint horses. I have had this pendant for some time and just never figured out what I wanted to do with it. Yesterday I was playing around and arranging beads and found the pendant and I wanted to use it, so I strung this necklace.

The pendant is silver and Fall Jasper - it is 1 1/4 inch wide and 1 1/2 inch long. It is a creamy color with chocolate brown markings very abstract looking and it has a beautiful silver bail and lost of spirals.

The necklace consists of many beads - wood, silver, soap stone, tiger eye and 8mm creamy aragonite. It also has a silver loop and toggle closure. This necklace measures 17 inches plus the closure. I liked it a lot and made a bracelet using a lot of the same beads - will post a photo soon.

2 comments:

Kokopelli said...

Perfect name for a beautiful necklace! I love painted horses. They're beautiful, too.

No Easy Beads said...

Jean you have been making some wonderful new pieces. I just spent some time reading through your blog. That was a nice way to spend the evening. Thanks!!