Tuesday, April 07, 2009

Walk in the Woods




This is a new necklace I just finished. I have been inspired to do some stringing by reading Lorelei's Blog everyday. Her work is amazing and I felt like I wanted to get back to doing some stringing. Well this necklace is a mixture of everything - stringing, wire work and beadweaving.

I had the big green bead for such a long time and never used it, so I paired it up with some smaller beads and bronze wire to form a spiral. I added some other bigger beads as accents for the bottom part of the necklace and finished it of with a spiral rope in size 8 and 11 seed beads.

I also made a new custom closure for this necklace. I am sick of just an ordinary loop - this one is peyote stitch using size 15 and size 11 seed beads. I like it a lot. I love the whole necklace. It measures 18 inches plus the closure and the bead focal measures 2 3/4 inches. I think I will do some more of these!

3 comments:

Lorelei said...

WOW!
Thanks for mentioning me on your blog, for one!
Two, that necklace is SUPERB!
Great colors, so earthy!
Nice work Jean!

AJ said...

Beautiful! I love to combine spiral stitch with stringing (they transition into each other so easily), and the colors and beads you picked for this one are just perfect!

Marcia DeCoster said...

ooh, really really pretty!