Saturday, January 16, 2010

Earrings For Me


I made these Medici Drop earrings last night - they are from Marcia DeCoster's Beaded Opulence book. I want to spend some time making some things for myself rather then for my shops. I really love earrings and have been wearing the same old thing for a long time now so these are the newest addition to my personal jewelry box. I love how easy these were to make and I love the look and feel of them when wearing. I am also going to make a pair in yellow/gold. I want to make myself a nice bracelet maybe freeform, but I need to think about what I want first. I bought a pattern from The Jade Dog for a fringed beaded bead pendant. I have admired these beaded beads for a long time and I am going to make me one soon.

I am in a reflective mood and need to make some decisions. I also want to change this blog a bit make it more about how I work, what inspires me, how I feel rather than just what I made. There will be some changes coming along for me - I hate change but sometimes there is no other choice - that is the way it seems to me now.

3 comments:

ChezChani said...

Those are beautiful! You deserve to have keep a few of your wonderful creations....

Adventures with Millie Making Jewelry said...

I love the bohemian look to these earrings! Beautiful!

Cyndi L said...

Those are gorgeous! You're going to look smashing!