Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Hidden Garden - Beaded Necklace and Pendant


So I made something besides earrings!!! I had this shell pendant for a long time - probably over 30 years - it was mine and I used to wear it on a silver chain way back when. I always liked it a lot and decided to recycle it. I paired it with 6mm China nephrite beads (jade) and pink beads and spacers. I love it - simple yet striking. The shell pendant is very iridescent and looks great with the olive green and pink beads. It measures 1 1/4 inch plus the bail. The necklace also has a silver loop and toggle closure. I love to recycle stuff and give things like my shell pendant a new life. Can't wait to get to PA and the antique shops and auctions this year.

1 comment:

Layney Dasher said...

Beautiful! I love this necklace!