Thursday, February 25, 2010

Introducing The Jade Goddess

Well here she is completed "The Jade Goddess". Focal from Joan Tucker at Off Center Productions surrounded by size 8 chocolate seed beads and turquoise chips. Necklace 8MM Canadian Jade beads from Szarka at Magpie Gemstones with size 8 chocolate seed beads as spacers plus 2 brown rondells from a previous project. I love this necklace!!!!! These faces have a personality all their own and it took me awhile to figure out this one but I did and now we are both happy.

This was a fun project to work on and I did do quite a bit of ripping out but I am so satisfied with the finished necklace. I read a comment yesterday on FB from a fellow beader Carol Dean Sharp of Sand Fibers and she said – “Doing research for one of my next designs. This is fun”. This got me thinking about how my own beading is progressing and how much more thoughtful I am with my projects. I think a lot of this has to do with the fact that I have a large body of work created – my Etsy and 1000Market Shops are full and I have lots of things made for the upcoming spring craft shows. This body of work now allows me to experiment and try new techniques and just have fun beading. It also allows me to make some things for myself. I think researching ideas and becoming more thoughtful with your project is a sign of maturing and growing as an artist and I am glad I am getting to this point. I am so happy I discovered beading!

Elegant Enchantment Peyote Cuff Bracelet by Sand Fibers

4 comments:

Karen said...

This came out so beautiful..as all your pieces do. I just love this.

Carol Dean said...

I love this piece, even more so because of how differently you started out with it and the fact that you were willing to redo it...many would just have continued with what they had started.

Thank you so much for the mention and inclusion of the photo ;)

Isn't it wonderful that our art allows us to keep growing on so many different levels: design, execution, choice of materials, themes. It is fun!

horimarika said...

This Goddess is so great! I just watch the face....

Kokopelli said...

The goddess is so beautiful! And I'm glad that you changed the edge to the chips. The colors match perfectly.