Tuesday, February 02, 2010

New Bracelet and other thoughts

So it is February already - February 2nd to be exact - Ground Hog Day. I see he has seen his shadow again this year - 6 more weeks of winter on the way. I am sick of winter and 6 weeks more is just TOO MUCH. I am sick of grey skies and cold damp weather. I do love the light this time of year and the sunsets are amazing but I am in need of a little warmth. I do not want to wish time away but an early spring would be nice.

I went to a bead show this past weekend and bought a lot of nice stuff. Above is a bracelet I made out of some of my stash. It is made of large hole beads on heavy elastic cord. I bought these goodies from Clever Treasures - the bracelet was easy to make and best of all warm colors!! I made another one in earth tones but haven't photoed it yet - maybe tomorrow - if I don't see my shadow.

Oh no - I just heard on the news we will be getting snow overnight and into the AM - guess the ground hog is correct.

2 comments:

No Easy Beads said...

Jean I love the purples! I with you and I am ready for spring. We lucky not to have the snow and freezing temps.

horimarika said...

It looks so great!