Friday, February 19, 2010

New Cuff or What The Heck Am I Doing!!!!!!

So I am working on my next cuff and it is pink - I hate pink go figure - but I had this flat pink shell bead that I thought would make a good focal. Here was the progress on the cuff - note I said was. I was just not feeling this - not the colors, not the design, not anything about it. I felt it was all over the place - no real focus - the colors were all competing. I didn't like the purple chips around the focal - I felt they took away from the pink shell bead. It didn't have any flow and it was spotty, just patches of color all over - I was just unhappy with the whole thing. I had two choices - finish it and see what happened - maybe it might come around I sometimes do not like a piece in the very beginning or rip out the whole blasted thing. Well I went with the rip out option.

Here is the second start. I riped everything out but the focal and it was time consuming. Do I like this better - well it is too soon to tell but I am more comfortable with it so far. Just removing the purple chips seems to have helped make it a more cohesive design. I also want to stay with the pink - somehow on the first start I got side tracked into using purple. This was sitting next to the turquoise cuff I just finished and I liked how the turquoise looked with the pink so I am using that as a contrast. I don't know how this will turn out - better or worse but like I said this is a learning experience for me and I am learning. I still hate the pink!!

2 comments:

Triz Designs said...

wow, you are really getting into it!!!

I'm not sure i would have ripped up the first one, I quite liked where it was going... but I know how you feel, if it isn't working for you... I like the contrast with the turquoise on the second one... looking forward to seeing how it turns out!

Beverly Ash Gilbert said...

I like both starts! I don't think I ever rip out - I just incorporate the unfinished bits into other projects... or they lie in the corner collecting dust. Good for you to have the guts to change what doesn't feel right.