Friday, February 05, 2010

What I Am Working On



So yesterday I saw this Sherry Serafini video about making a beaded embroidery cuff. I got so excited I knew I needed to make one right away. I just jumped right in and started - here are the beginning pictures. I am considering this a learning experience and what I have learned so far is next time I need a plan - I need a color scheme and maybe a design before I start. For this one I am winging it and just beading - should be interesting. I am not very happy with the focal on this one but I will wait and see how it turns out.

5 comments:

Triz Designs said...

ohhhh I can't wait to see the finished piece!!!! I like it already! :-)

horimarika said...

Just continue! It seems so interesting and I'm sure it'll be wonderful!

lilylunagardener said...

Looks great! I've never made one of these, but I love the style - fun to see the process!

Lisa Caryl said...

Hi Jean,
Fairly new reader of your blog...I love the start of your bead embroidered cuff, I think the colors are beautiful so far. Thank you for sharing the link to the video, you've inspired me to start one too!

Jennifer McDonald said...

Such a good start! I know from experience that having a general idea isn't quite enough - at for me. I abandoned my first beaded cuff on suede when it became too much of a mess. haven't given up though...and thanks for the link.