Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Almost There


Finished with the main beading now I just need to glue this to the cuff blank (which I just did) and then edge. This is my 6th cuff and I am continuing to learn from each one. I liken these to the abstract paintings I paint - every part of the piece is important - not just the focal. I want to keep the eye moving all over the bracelet and have all of it interesting. This is achieved by color, texture, pattern, movement, bead shape and finish. It is so much like a puzzle or collage where all the pieces must fit together to create a whole. I guess maybe this is why I enjoy doing the bead embroidery so much because it is so much like my paintings. I have my next piece in mind - well actually my next 2 cuffs planned and I want to try my hand at making a collar. I sure am having fun.

1 comment:

Bobbi said...

Hi, Happy St. Patrick's Day! Gosh, the beading on your cuff is just amazing! I love it! Awesome work!
I hope that you have a wonderful rest of your evening.
Hugs and happy beading...
Bobbi