Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Copper Canyon - Beaded Pendant and Spiral Rope Necklace


I forgot to post this new pendant/necklace. I finished it over the weekend it is called Copper Canyon and is a bead embroidery pendant and spiral rope necklace. The center is a copper button used as the focal. It has many layers of seed beads in copper, black and cream surrounding it. The necklace is a spiral rope made using the same beads as the focal. It also has a smaller copper button that matches the focal as the closure. For some reason right now I am loving copper - it is such a rich warm color. I just started a new cuff in copper and turquoise - coming along nicely - photos soon.

5 comments:

horimarika said...

Looks great! I like it!

Bobbi said...

Oh it's so beautiful!!!

Kokopelli said...

I think I asked before, but not sure. Do you cut the button shank when you use it in an embroidered piece?

Jean Hutter said...

Yep - I have a big cutter and I just snip the shank off - and then sand any rough spots before I glue it to the backing.

Kokopelli said...

Sweet! Thanks! Have to try that, as I have a huge button collection.