Sunday, March 28, 2010

Rust - Bead Embroidery Cuff



This is the latest cuff finished. I am calling it "Rust". The focal is a coral cab surrounded by red aventurine chips. It has hundreds of size 15, 11, 8 and 6 seed beads and coral rondells covering its surface. All in shades of red, gold and red/orange. I really had problems getting this one to work - I spend a day beading and ripping out - I finally cut it all up. I refused to be defeated and started fresh the next day. I am happy I did - I really love this cuff. It is 1 3/4 in width and very showy. So I am planning my next cuff and will be taking the leap and trying a collar - pretty basic for the collar for the first on - I just want to get my feet wet! I have the focal and complimentary beads picked out and I like the color scheme. I just need to do some planning and get going.

2 comments:

Bobbi said...

I applaud you...it's amazing, I love this new cuff! Of course, I've loved them all! The coral cab is gorgeous! Incredible work...your new cuff "Rust" is very awesome!
Hope you have a wonderful day!
Hugs and happy beading...
Bobbi

ANGEL'S BEAD said...

I like everything you do!Amazing!