Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Wicked - Bead Embroidery Cuff


I finished this cuff over the weekend but went up to PA to drop off some stuff for the annual migration so I am just blogging about it now. I just love the finished cuff and the name "Wicked" - the colors are so rich and the Lisa Peters button focal is amazing. I am enjoying making these cuffs and I just started the planning for a new bead embroidery collar. This will be my second collar and when I say planning I am using that term loosely - I just plan the shape and fit - the actual beads I haven't decided yet and of course the beading will be very abstract. I just know what shape it will be and it will have fringe - for me that is good enough to just jump in and start beading. This technique works for me but a more structured beader would probably have a fit working like I do. Well I am off to feed the cats I hope to have some progress with the collar to post next.

6 comments:

Beadwright said...

I have watched you make this cuff and I have to say it turned out FANTASTICALLY!!!!! Great job.
Nicole/Beadwright

Norita said...

Wow, its beautiful! :o)

hexesøm said...

I am so impressed. A bit renessance in a new style. Thanks for sharing ,)

Gypsy said...

WOW is right! This is one gorgeous cuff, and that focal should be feeling pretty happy starring in it!

Triz Designs said...

absolutely beautiful!!!! LOVE it!

Eva Maria Keiser said...

Beautiful cuff, thank you for sharing the process!