Sunday, December 11, 2011

A Body of Work

I finished this double spiral bracelet last night - it is in my Etsy Shop here. I have a few projects picked out that I want to get going on but I have been thinking about beading lately - specifically beading what I want to bead for a change, learning some new techniques and just having some fun. Which brings me to the title of this post "A Body of Work". This is a term I have used often in my art - a term that allows me to change and try some new things. I consider a body of work as having enough good consistent work that represents me at the point I am now - in either my painting or jewelry career. I have lots of items for sale in my Etsy Shop and plenty to take to a craft show so why not move on and try some new things?

With this in mind I thought I would learn RAW - it is coming along sort of. I also thought I would buy some patterns from me fellow beaders who I admire and make some nice jewelry for myself in the process - a win-win situation. So far I have purchased patterns from Beverly Herman of No Easy Beads, Chris of Good Quill Hunting, Callie Mitchell of The Peregrine Beader and Heather Collin of Dreamweavers Studio. I will probably get a few more but for now that is a good start. I also want to start a nice bead embroidery project - I am just not sure what it will be yet - but I should be pretty busy for the winter. I will post photos as I progress.

2 comments:

Paola said...

Beautiful bracelet!

LUCY said...

Fantastico...elegante