Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Salt of the Earth - Beaded Pendant and Necklace


My latest bead embroidery pendant and beaded/spiral rope necklace.  I bought this cab and 2 others at a bead show here in NJ earlier this month.  I did not note the name of the stones, I will never do that again.  The vendor has an ArtFire shop so I thought I could get the names of my cabs there but the shop is on a 2 week closure as he is off doing shows. So for now I cannot name the cab but I must say I really liked it, the shape, the markings and the color all great. I was originally going to add a lot of fringe to the bottom but felt that it would overpower the beauty of the stone so I kept it simple.  For the necklace I used 7mm fresh water pearls and then a spiral rope to finish.  I really like the way this turned out and it is in my Etsy Shop here.  I am busy picking out my next projects - I have a ton of ideas just need to get working!

2 comments:

Halinka said...

Hi:-)
This is absolutely this,what I love-simplicity and elegance,perfection in stitching and the beautiful bezel,nice choice of the cabochon-an unique shape,peaceful colors-matching to everything we wear.
Fantastic Work of Yours!
Warm Hugs-Halinka-

Marion said...

Hi Jean,
you have chosen wonderful elegant colors for this exquisite bead work,the stone has a particularly nice shape and the drawing looks like trees in the fog,the stone could be a rain forest jasper?
Many Greetings
Marion