Friday, February 15, 2013

The Other Side of the Moon



I finally finished this necklace and I am calling it The Other Side of the Moon.  This was one of the hardest pieces I have ever worked on.  At first I was going to make a cuff then a pendant and back and forth.  Also the coloring is not in my comfort zone - I at first paired it with grey and dark blue beads and they were overpowering the beautiful Lisa Peters cab.  I finally settled on a pendant in sky blue, grey and orange yellow.  No fringe or anything else to distract - the cab is the star and I like it a lot.

4 comments:

LUCY said...

Maravilloso trabajo...Saludos...

Amy's said...

Absolutely gorgeous.
The cab is amazing I would love to get a hold on one like this.
I would use black and silver seed beads for that.

Nicole Beadwright Campanella said...

Jean I love love love this piece. The colors are amazing but can be difficult to work with. You pulled it off beautifully. Well done!
Nicole/Beadwright

Karen Williams said...

The colors may be outside of your comfort zone, but you totally rocked the composition!

I love that focal stone you started with; what a great piece.