Sunday, March 03, 2013

Blue Bird - Pendant and Bead Necklace


Made this necklace last night.  Sometimes I just like to do some stringing and I had the beads and the pendant sitting for a long time.  The pendant is a Sodalite stone in a silver setting and it measures 1 1/2 inches plus the bail.  The beads in the necklace are 8mm sapphire melons.  I love how this piece came out - I think it could be worn to something fancy or for everyday with jeans. Here is some Sodalite info: A light, relatively hard yet fragile mineral, sodalite is named after its sodium content; in mineralogy it may be classed as a feldspathoid. Well known for its blue color, sodalite may also be grey, yellow, green, or pink and is often mottled with white veins or patches. The more uniformly blue material is used in jewelry, where it is fashioned into cabochons and beads.




I love the spirals around the cab and on the bail - so I paired this with a beautiful silver loop and toggle closure with spirals. This piece is listed in my Etsy Shop here - but I don't know how sad I would be if this doesn't sell - I sure do like it. There is something very magical about this necklace.


Update to this post - I sold this necklace on Etsy sad but it is going to a good home ; )

No comments: