Monday, August 05, 2013

MRAW Band


Starting something new this is the beginning with my MRAW belly band.  It always amazes me when beading people say they have visions of what they want to make or do all kinds of pre-panning.  I just cannot work that way.  I just get out the beads and start to bead and see what develops.  At the start I think it will be a bracelet or necklace but sometimes even that changes. I guess it is a weird way to work but that is how I do it.  I wonder what this start will turn out to be????

To make the belly band see the book  Contemporary Geometric Beadwork page 39 or see this video Kate made on MRAW Bellyband & Tri-Wing Ring: https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=gA-J-9ujpKM#!

2 comments:

TheVerdantEdge said...

I don't consider your organic approach to be at all weird - it is very close to what happens when I work too, although some of my embroidered pieces involve a certain degree of pre-planning I've even had what I thought would be one necklace turn into three!

Can't wait to see what you do with it!

Jade bangle said...


Great post! This really helps people to understand better! Thanks for share this information.
I am providing this Jade bangle